Chai Center Dix Hills Israel trip – August 2018
Whether you are a veteran traveler or a first-time visitor to the Holyland, you are invited to discover your personal connection with the Jewish homeland, and join the Chai Center of Dix Hills in a meaningful journey of Israel.
The tour package includes the following items:
- 6 nights accommodation at the David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem
- 3 nights accommodation at the Pastoral Hotel - Kibbutz Kfar Blum
- Breakfast daily at the hotel
- Dinner on DAYS ONE, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE & TEN as per itinerary
- Lunch on DAYS ONE, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX & TEN as per itinerary
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with expert driver for 8 days (no transportation on
- Medic/Security guard throughout the duration of the trip
- Airport transfers for group arrival & group departure
- Services of top-level guide for 10 days
- Entrance fee into all sites and attractions as per itinerary
- Full backing Israel Maven support staff to ensure smooth running of the trip
DAY ONE - MONDAY AUGUST 6TH - THE JOURNEY BEGINS
- Welcome to Israel!!! Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport. Participants on
group flight will be greeted by our representatives and escorted
through passport control, baggage claim and customs
- Transfer to Jerusalem
- Opening of program with a stunning view over Jerusalem from the Mt of Olives
- Check-in to hotel, unpack, rest & relax
- Time for reflection at the Western Wall
- Discover the secrets of the Second Temple as you navigate the Western Wall Tunnel and newly excavated areas
- Welcome dinner at the hotel (included)
Overnight: David Citadel Hotel, JerusalemDay 1
DAY TWO - TUESDAY AUGUST 7TH - JERUSALEM
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30am Departure
- 9:00am Walk in the footsteps of Prophets & Kings in the City of David
- 9:40am Wade through Hezekiah’s Tunnel
- Ascend to the very foundation of the Western Wall via the newly discovered passageway
- Lunch in the Jewish Quarter (not included)
- 1:00pm Scavenger Hunt in the Jewish Quarter including the Cardo, Broad Wall, Tzemach Tzedek and more…
- 4:00pm Reenact the dramatic battle on Ammunition Hill that led to the liberation of Jerusalem in the Six Day War
- Evening at leisure (dinner on own)
Overnight: David Citadel Hotel, JerusalemDay 2
DAY THREE – WEDNESDAY AUGUST 8TH - CENTRAL REGION
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:15 Departure
- 9:30am Participate in a real-life archeological excavation as you “Dig for a Day” in Bet Guvrin
- Spelunk in the caves of Tel Maresha area
- Lunch en route (packed lunch included)
- Tour Sderot & meet with local residents
- Visit Kibbutz Sa’ad near the border with Gaza
- Return to Jerusalem
- 7:30pm Dinner at Luciano restaurant at Mamilla (included) with Racheli Fraenkel - subject to confirmation
Overnight: David Citadel Hotel, JerusalemDay 3
DAY FOUR – THURSDAY AUGUST 9TH - JUDEAN DESERT
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:00am Departure
- Ascend the desert fortress of Masada where the Zealots held out against the Romans after the Destruction of the Second Temple
- 10:15am Bat Mitzvah ceremony
- lunch at Masada (included)
- Discover the gorgeous Ein Gedi oasis where David fled from King Saul, and cool off under a waterfall
- Float in the Dead Sea – the lowest place on earth
- 6:45pm Enjoy Camel Ride, desert hospitality, pita baking and dinner at Genesis Land (included)
Overnight: David Citadel Hotel, JerusalemDay 4
DAY FIVE – FRIDAY AUGUST 10TH -GUSH ETZION AND HEVRON
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Time for reflection at Kever Rachel
- Tour the neighborhoods of Hevron including Avraham Avinu, Beit Hadassah & Tel Romeida
- Lunch at the Gush Etzion Winery (included)
- Try out the longest zip-line in the Middle East at Deer Land
- Experience the vibe in the Machane Yehudah Outdoor Market
- Candle lighting at the hotel
- Join thousands of Jews from around the globe at the Western Wall
- Friday night dinner at the Tzemach Tzedek shul with Rabbi Yossi Swerdlov (included)
Overnight: David Citadel Hotel, JerusalemDay 5
DAY SIX – SATURDAY AUGUST 11TH- SHABBAT EXPERIENCE
- Optional Services at the Mayanot Shul, Chabad of Rechavia,
- Great Synagogue or Tzemach Tzedek
- Lunch at hotel (included)
- Time to rest & relax
- Walking tour of stunning Yemin Moshe neighborhood
- Maariv & Havdalla
- Evening at leisure - optional shopping and the Ben Yehuda Pedestrian Mall. (dinner on own)
Overnight: David Citadel Hotel, JerusalemDay 6
DAY SEVEN – SUNDAY AUGUST 12TH - TEL AVIV JAFFA
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Checkout & departure from hotel
- 9:00am Pay tribute to the Memory of the Six Million at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum & Children’s Memorial (entry from age 10 & older)
- Lunch on own in Beit Hakerem (not included)
- Tour the state-of-the-art Palmach Museum and learn about the Striking Force that became the backbone of the IDF
- Bike ride along the Herbert Samuel Promenade& Old Jaffa
- Drive to the North & check in to hotel and dinner at hotel (included)
Overnight: Pastoral Hotel - Kibbutz Kfar BlumDay 7
DAY EIGHT – MONDAY AUGUST 13TH - UPPER GALILEE
- Breakfast at hotel
- 9:30am Departure
- 10:30am Visit "Otzar Hastam" and learn the secrets Behind Torah Scrolls, Tefillin and Mezuza
- Discover the Mystical city of Tzfat including beautiful synagogues, Candle Factory, artists’ colony & more…
- Lunch on the promenade (not included)
- Explore the Tel Dan Reserve where nature, history & hydro-politics come together
- Visit the graves of Rabbi Akiva and the tomb of his wife Rachel in Tiberias
- 5:00pm Enjoy a boat ride and drum circle on the Sea of Galilee
- 7:00pm Dinner at Decks Restaurant in Tiberias (included)
Overnight: Pastoral Hotel - Kibbutz Kfar BlumDay 8
DAY NINE – TUESDAY AUGUST 14TH - GOLAN HEIGHTS
- Full Israeli breakfast at the hotel
- Enjoy a challenging hike to the Meshushim Pool in Nachal Zavitan & swim in the refreshing waters
- Lunch on own in Kazrin
- Explore the Golan Heights off-road by jeep
- Hear the story of the Six Day War as you enter an abandoned Syrian Outpost in Mizpe Gadot
- Participate in a fun chocolate-making workshop at De Karina
- ookout over Syria from Mt Bental
- Return to the hotel in time for dinner
Overnight: Pastoral Hotel - Kibbutz Kfar BlumDay 9
DAY TEN – WEDNESDAY AUGUST 15TH - WESTERN GALILEE
- Full Israeli breakfast at the hotel
- Check out of hotel
- 8:30am departure
- Discover the stunning Rosh Hanikra grottos
- Sail along the coast from Akko to Haifa
- 1:00pm Transport yourself back to ancient times at Kfar Kedem including donkey rides, cheese making and lunch
- Experience the magnificent port city of Caesarea including the Roman Theater, Hippodrome, Palace & more
- Dinner en route – Rishon Lezion
- Transfer to Ben Gurion airport
- Fly to USA
NEXT YEAR IN JERUSALEM!!Day 10
We are pleased to present to you the itinerary and tour package for your Israel trip. These have been carefully crafted to provide an experience that is engaging, fun, uplifting, informative and inspirational for both first-timers and repeat visitors. All of our tours adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and you can be sure to expect the friendly, warm & dedicated service that have endeared us to thousands of satisfied clients.
Enjoy your trip to it's fullest as you stay in 5 star hotels in central locations
David Citadel Hotel, Jerusalem
Standing directly opposite Jerusalem's Old City walls, the David Citadel hotel enjoys a stunning location in a city steeped in thousands of years of history, culture and tradition. The timeless alleyways of the Old City, the Western Wall and Tower of David, the bustling Machne Yehuda market, the Mamilla Avenue and an abundance of New City attractions are all within easy walking distance from this landmark hotel in Jerusalem.
Originally designed by Moshe Safdie, winner of the AIA Gold Medal, the David Citadel's well-planned public spaces and 385 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites have recently received a facelift by renowned Italian designer Piero Lissoni who introduced the warm atmosphere of Jerusalem through natural lighting, traditional colors and rich artworks painted by David Roberts during his 1834 Grand Tour. Lissoni's vision included oak parquet flooring, abundant greenery, soft lights and textured fabrics in a palette of rich colors that welcome guests today.
Pastoral Kfar Blum
Surrounded by the beauty of the Galilee, facing the Golan and Galilee mountains and just a few steps from the Jordan River, you will find Pastoral, a fountain of peace and tranquility. This is a place where the pioneers’ tradition of hospitality meets the sounds of classical music, where harmony emanates from the human soul and from the depths of the earth. Lush greenery, endless lawns, charming shady spots and inviting sitting areas await you. Take a break from the busy city to visit northern Israel – the birds of the Hula Valley, the mountain streams, the peacefulness and green surroundings are all part of the relaxing atmosphere you will enjoy as a guest at Pastoral. For the official Kfar Blum site, click here.
We at Israel Maven work together with NES Mobile and recommend them for all cell phone and SIM card rentals during your trip to Israel.
NES Mobile provides tourists visiting Israel cell phones and SIM card rentals, as well as NetSticks and other mobile solutions. We chose to work with NES Mobile since they provide our customers with a simple, honest service with no strings attached. There are no hidden costs, tricks or shticks. All information, including the website and bills, are in easy to understand English; and their customer service staff is made up of native English speakers.
A summary of the services and prices for daily rentals are as follows: (More information can be found on the NesMobile site)
- $6/day UNLIMITED calls to US & Israel (includes FREE phone rental)
- For those who are bringing their own smartphones and wish to also use Data, the cost is 9.50/day for UNLIMITED calls to US & Israel, UNLIMITED texts in Israel and UNLIMITED Data. You would need to bring your own unlocked SIM free device with you.
- You can also rent a NetStick or MiFi Device ($6/day or $7.5/day respectively) which work virtually everywhere in Israel.
- Most tourists also take a Virtual US number which rings on the Israeli cellphone for just $1/day. This way their friends and family back home can reach them by dialing a local number.
Delivery is FREE and you will receive your phones upon your arrival at the airport.
*Prices do not include VAT.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Israel Maven Tours representative by emailing Info@IsraelMaven.com or you may call us toll free on 1-866-317-9307.
Q: What will I gain out of joining this trip?
Our hope is that by the end of the trip, you will have a stronger connection to the Jewish homeland. It is the job of our terrific guides to make that connection happen through their eyes and their love to the land and its people. The Itinerary has many elements to it including different aspects of Israel: History, religion, Zionism, challenges facing the Israeli society, security and many others. The combination of these elements, make Israel such a unique place to visit- especially for a Synagogue mission.
Q: Will there be free time on the trip?
Yes, we try to balance touring and programming with unstructured free time in different locations around the country so that you are free to shop, explore the local culture, meet with friends and family, sit by the pool or simply relax. Should you wish to “opt out” of any of the activities of the program, you are requested to coordinate this with the group leader and tour operator so that we can plan accordingly.
Q: What are the security issues facing Israel today- should we be concerned?
The security in Israel is always a concern on travelers to Israel. As of today, there are no security warnings or alerts for travelers coming to Israel. Israel Maven is daily contact with the "security room" which is the office of the Ministry of Defense dealing with travelling in Israel. We receive daily updates, and get updated on a regular basis through SMS and phone on any irregularity in the daily routine of Israel. Note, that although what is seen around the world on the media about what goes on in Israel is usually conflict, the reality is different. Millions of visitors come to Israel annually and some of them even feel safer here than in their own country. Changes in itinerary that need to be made due to safety or security concerns are done without hesitation. We are also in close contact with Israeli Police & SPNI (Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel) to ensure that all safety & security guidelines are updated in real-time based on changing circumstances. Both participants & staff receive detailed guidelines aimed at ensuring that the no one is hurt or harmed in any way. These guidelines range from appropriate footwear on hikes to keeping hydrated, to avoiding certain areas if necessary. Public transportation on busses and/or trains is not utilized at any time during the program. We do not approach or enter the Gaza Strip or any areas under the control of the Palestinian Authority.
Q: Do you offer travel insurance?
Please note that most insurance policies require purchase within 14-21 days of your date of registration for the trip. Israel Maven Tours has made arrangements with SMS Travel Insurance Center (Israel) of Omaha, Nebraska. SMS has over 25 years of experience as insurance brokers and can help you choose the policy that best meets your needs. Our contact person is Yonah Engel. Please mention this promo code when making your purchase: ISRAELMAVEN. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Yonah by phone in the USA at (402) 404-5205 or in Israel at 0522-873-665. Please note that Israel Maven Tours cannot accept responsibility for any losses or expenses which you or any member of your party may incur as a result of failure to secure adequate coverage.
Q: What is policy for those arriving/ departing early/late?
Participants who are not travelling together with the group are asked to coordinate their plans in advance with the group leader and the tour operator. Participants who are not arriving or departing together with the group are responsible for joining/ leaving the group at their own expense. We are happy to assist in arranging additional services such as VIP “meet & greet”, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals and touring as required. These will be billed separately to the participant.
Q: This trip sounds amazing! I am coming, but I want to stay longer to tour on my own. Is it possible to extend my trip?
YES! Please indicate this on your registration form. The team at Israel Maven will work with you to provide a customized experience that will include assistance with choosing hotels, activities, and transportation.
Q: Who do we contact with questions?
Please feel free to contact your Israel Maven Tours representative Zev Jacobson with any questions you may have. He can be reached by email email@example.com or toll free on 1-866-317-9307.