Following the incredible success of the Taglit-Birthright Israel program, we are excited to be offering an Israel experience for parents. Now is your chance to experience Israel for yourself!
- Explore the mystical city of Safed
- Camel ride through the Judean Desert
- Celebrate Shabbat at the Western Wall
- Experience Israeli culture at Machane Yehudah Market
- Float in the Dead Sea – the lowest place on Earth
- Jeep tour in the Golan Heights
- Enjoy the sea of Gallilee at sunset
- Spend time with Israeli soldiers
- Learn why Israel is known as “Start Up Nation”
- Get a behind the scenes glimpse into Israeli politics
- And much more…
MONDAY, OCTOBER 7TH – ARRIVAL
- Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport
- Opening ceremony and explore the port city of Caesarea
- Drive along Mediterranean Coast to Zichron Yaacov and visit the Carmel Winery for a tour, wine tasting and lunch
- Discover the gorgeous Rosh Hanikra Grottoes
Overnight: Kfar Blum, Northern IsraelDay 1
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH – GOLAN HEIGHTS
- Explore the abandoned Syrian bunker of Tel-Facher
- Enjoy a nature walk at the Banias, in the Upper Galilee
- Discover the Golan Heights “off-road” by jeep and hear stories of the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War
- Lunch in North
- Lookout over Syria from Mount Bental
- Free time and dinner in Tiberias
- Cruise on the Sea of Galilee with live Israeli music
Overnight: Kfar Blum, Northern IsraelDay 2
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9TH – UPPER GALILLEE
- Discover the Mystical City of Tzfat including beautiful synagogues, picturesque alleyways and artists’ colony
- Meet local artist and hear how Kabalah inspires their creations
- Lunch and shopping on Tzfat promenade
- Drive to Jerusalem
- Enjoy your first glimpse of Jerusalem from Mt of Olives Lookout
- Tie-in session
- Dinner at hotel
- Political update with Neil Lazarus
Overnight: Dan Panorama, JerusalemDay 3
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10TH – JERUSALEM
- Visit the Israel Museum for an introduction to the Old City
- Experience the sites & sounds of the Jewish Quarter including the Cardo, Hurva and local Synagogues
- Lunch in the Jewish Quarter
- Explore the Southern Excavations & Davidson Center
- Discover the secrets of the Temple in Western Wall tunnels
- Walk through the bunkers of Ammunition hill as we relive the battle for Jerusalem in the Six Day war – with guest speaker
- Dinner at Mamilla Mall
- Sound and light show at the Tower of David Museum
Overnight: Dan Panorama, JerusalemDay 4
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11TH – JERUSALEM
- Pay tribute to the Six Million at the Yad Vashem Historical Museum
- Lunch in Bet Hakerem
- Visit the National Cemetery, Har Herzl, where leaders of State and Israeli war hero’s are laid to rest
- Experience the hustle and bustle of the busy Machane Yehuda Outdoor Market
- Return to hotel, relax and prepare for Shabbat
- Join thousands from around the world at the Western Wall for Friday night services
- Shabbat dinner with lone soldiers
Overnight: Dan Panorama, JerusalemDay 5
SHABBAT, OCTOBER 12TH – JERUSALEM
- Full Israeli breakfast at hotel
- Divide into groups to visit different synagogues in the vicinity (optional)
- Enjoy Shabbat lunch in the home of an Israeli family living in Jerusalem
- Optional Walking tours in Jerusalem:
- Yemin Moshe- the first neighbourhood in Jerusalem or
- Talbieh- The beautiful neighbourhood that houses the Prime Minister and the President of Israel
- Discussion of interest -Jewish Identity
- Dinner and shopping in the city center on Ben Yehuda Street
Overnight: Dan Panorama, JerusalemDay 6
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13TH – JUDEAN DESERT
- Travel to the Judean Desert
- Ascend Masada by cable car & relive the bitter confrontation between Zealots & Romans
- Enjoy lunch at the Masada Restaurant
- Nature walk in the Ein Gedi Natural Springs
- Float and relax at Mineral Beach, Dead Sea
- Land of Genesis – Follow in the footsteps of our forefathers – ride camels and enjoy desert hospitality
- Meet an Israeli war hero – hear his incredible story of bravery and determination
Overnight: Dan Panorama, JerusalemDay 7
MONDAY OCTOBER 14TH – TEL AVIV
- Gain insight into Jewish textual learning at Mayanot Institute of Studies
- Travel to Tel-Aviv
- Morning volunteer project
- Re-experience the Declaration of the State of Israel at Independence Hall
- Lunch Shuk HaCarmel
- Visit Rabin Square where former Prime Minister Yitzchak Rabin was assassinated in 1995
- Test-drive the next-generation of electric-powered cars at Better Place
- Closing session
- Drive to airport
Farewell- See you next year in Jerusalem!!!Day 8
We are pleased to present the tour package for your Legacy Israel trip. The itinerary and cost package have been carefully crafted to provide an experience that is engaging, fun, uplifting, informative and inspirational for both first-timers and repeat visitors to Israel. All of our tours adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and you can be sure to expect the friendly, warm & dedicated service that have endeared us to thousands of satisfied clients.
The cost for the trip is $2195 USD per person (double occupancy). Single supplement is $499 USD per person.
The tour package includes the following items:
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Hagoshrim, 4 star Hotel in Northern Israel (or equivalent)
- 5 nights’ accommodation at Har Tzion Hotel, 4 star Hotel in Jerusalem (or equivalent)
- Sumptuous breakfast, daily at hotel
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for 7 days – no transportation on Shabbat
- Experienced guide for 8 days
- Full dinner OR lunch daily
- Entrance fee into all sites and attractions as per itinerary
- Full backing Israel Maven support staff to ensure smooth running of the trip
- The itinerary is subject to change based on weather, security, time and other considerations
- There is no refund for sites not visited or activities not done, for any reason.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Cost of round trip airfare from country of origin to Israel.
- Any expenses of a personal nature.
- Any gratuities/ tips. The suggested amount is USD $7-10 per person, per day for the guide and USD $5-$7 per person, per day for the driver.
- Any meals other than specified.
- Any guests at meals other than the participants of the party.
- Insurance for baggage, personal items, trip cancellation or interruption. We recommend that all insurance be arranged through your travel agent in U.S. If claims have to be made, it is much easier dealing with a local insurance company upon your return, rather than having to collect refunds from an insurance company in Israel. We recommend contacting Yonah Engel at travelinsuranceisrael.com for reliable and friendly service.
TERMS OF PAYMENT:
- All prices and payments are in US DOLLARS
- Deposit of $500 US per participant to confirm reservations
- Final and full payment is required 45 days before arrival.
- Payment can be made through the Legacy Israel registration page of the Mayanot Israel website.
If cancellation is received in our office:
- More than 45 days before arrival – full refund less $350 US per person
- Between 45-30 days before arrival – $500 US per person plus any hotel cancellation fees
- Between 29-15 days before arrival – $750 US per person plus any hotel cancellation fees
- Within 14 days of arrival – full payment for the entire program will be charged.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE IN THE EVENT THAT YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TRIP FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL OR OTHER REASONS.
NEW VAT TAX REGULATIONS
Please be aware that according to the new Israeli tax laws, being strictly enforced by all hotels, all guests holding Israel citizenship, even those with dual citizenship/passports both for individual travelers and guests part of a group, or invited local guests, will be charged VAT tax. Therefore we need to receive this information in advance in order to finalize the bill. Should we not get this information in advance, and hotels charge us VAT tax, be aware that we will charge you with this extra amount retroactively.
As is customary for international travel, your passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months from your date of entry to Israel or you may not be permitted to fly.
Mayanot Israel and Israel Maven Tours Ltd., (hereinafter called the Tour Operators), acts only as an agent for the various companies, owners or contractors providing the means of transportation, accommodation and other services. All exchange orders, coupons and tickets are offered subject to the Terms and Conditions under which such services are offered or provided. The issuance and acceptance of such tickets shall be deemed to be consent to the further conditions that the Tour Operators shall not be in any way liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity in any vehicle, or through the acts or defaults of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger/s or of any hotel proprietor, personnel or servant otherwise in connection therewith.
The airline and transportation companies concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board their planes or conveyances. The right is reserved to withdraw any tour announced in this program and to make such alterations to the itineraries as may be found desirable for the proper carrying out of the tours. In the event it becomes necessary or advisable in the Tour Operator’s discretion to alter the arrangements or itineraries for the passenger/s comfort or welfare or for any reason whatsoever, such alterations may be made without penalty to the Operator.
The Tour Operators, Mayanot Israel and Israel Maven Tours LTD, reserves the right to change any hotel/s listed with one of a similar category if circumstances necessitate. The right is reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any group at any time.
Please contact us directly if you have any queries – Deb@Israelmaven.com
Enjoy your stay in only the most luxurious and comfortable hotels. Deluxe rooms and central locations help you enjoy your trip to it's fullest!
Dan Panorama, Jerusalem
The Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem with its dignified architecture and honey-colored Jerusalem stone exterior resonates with the spirit of this legendary city.
One of Jerusalem’s favorite hotels, the Dan Panorama Hotel boasts an exceptional location that enables you to explore Jerusalem’s multifaceted attractions simply by stepping outside. Across the road a splendid park greets you. Around the corner is the fabled King David, a destination in itself with magnificent public areas where politicians and headline- makers mingle. A scenic stroll along historic landmarks takes you down to the endlessly fascinating Old City that invites you to explore a medley of cultures, famous holy sites of the three monotheistic faiths and the more earthly attractions of vibrant multicolored open markets. For the official Dan Panorama Hotel site, Click here.
King Solomon Hotel, Jerusalem
With breathtaking views of the ancient walled city of Jerusalem, the King Solomon is one of the most luxurious family hotels in Israel. Located in Western Jerusalem on the esteemed King David Street, the King Solomon Hotel conveniently faces the historic Tower of David, the Old City and just along the horizon is the New Jerusalem and the magnificent Dead Sea.
At the King Solomon, you couldn't be in a better location to experience Jerusalem's proud history. A stones throw away from the hotel is Yemin Moshe, home to the famous Montefiore Windmill and one of the first neighborhoods to be built outside the city walls. Its unique history, beautiful garden surroundings and panoramic views of the old city make it a must-see attraction. A short distance away is the lively downtown area of the modern city, its bustling entertainment centre offering a fascinating contrast to holidaymakers of the new and old Jerusalem. With all this at your doorstep, a stay in the King Solomon hotel promises to be an authentic experience in deluxe surroundings, offering hospitality in keeping with its name-sake, the City of Kings. For the official King Solomon Hotel site, Click here.
Pastoral Kfar Blum
Surrounded by the beauty of the Galilee, facing the Golan and Galilee mountains and just a few steps from the Jordan River, you will find Pastoral, a fountain of peace and tranquility. This is a place where the pioneers’ tradition of hospitality meets the sounds of classical music, where harmony emanates from the human soul and from the depths of the earth. Lush greenery, endless lawns, charming shady spots and inviting sitting areas await you. Take a break from the busy city to visit northern Israel – the birds of the Hula Valley, the mountain streams, the peacefulness and green surroundings are all part of the relaxing atmosphere you will enjoy as a guest at Pastoral. For the official Kfar Blum site, click here.
We at Israel Maven work together with NES Mobile and recommend them for all cell phone and SIM card rentals during your trip to Israel.
NES Mobile provides tourists visiting Israel cell phones and SIM card rentals, as well as NetSticks and other mobile solutions. We chose to work with NES Mobile since they provide our customers with a simple, honest service with no strings attached. There are no hidden costs, tricks or shticks. All information, including the website and bills, are in easy to understand English; and their customer service staff is made up of native English speakers.
A summaryof the services and prices for daily rentals are as follows: (More information can be found on the site by clicking here.
- $6/day UNLIMITED calls to US & Israel (includes FREE phone rental)
- For those who are bringing their own smartphones and wish to also use Data, the cost is 9.50/day for UNLIMITED calls to US & Israel, UNLIMITED texts in Israel and UNLIMITED Data. You would need to bring your own unlocked SIM free device with you.
- You can also rent a NetStick or MiFi Device ($6/day or $7.5/day respectively) which work virtually everywhere in Israel.
- Most tourists also take a Virtual US number which rings on the Israeli cellphone for just $1/day. This way their friends and family back home can reach them by dialing a local number.
Delivery is FREE and you will receive your phones upon your arrival at the airport.
*Prices do not include VAT.
See below for FAQ's - If your question remains unanswered , please do not hesitate to contact us!
What is Legacy Israel?
The Legacy Israel Trip, is designed to provide adults with an experience similar to that of their child’s Taglit-Birthright Israel Trip. The program includes extensive touring of Israel, interactive discussions and recreational activities. For you to experience the glorious Israel that your child fell in love with, do it with Legacy Israel.
The cost if the trip includes 4 star accommodations, sumptuous breakfast daily at hotel, luxury air-conditioned coach for 7 days – no transportation on Shabbat, experienced guide for 8 days, full dinner OR lunch daily, entrance fee into all sites and attractions as per itinerary, full backing from Israel Maven support staff to ensure smooth running of the trip.
Regardless of religious background, affiliation or practice, all are welcome to join the trip. The program, however, provides opportunities for participants to celebrate Jewish life and traditions, and explore the Jewish culture. Kosher food will be served at all tour-sponsored activities and no travel will take place on the Jewish Sabbath.
This trip is open to adults of all ages, including children above the age of 16 years old. Taglit-Birthright alumni are also invited to share the experience with their family.
You can go to NESmobile.com to order your mobile phone. You will receive the phone number before you arrive in Israel, and your phone will be personally delivered to you upon arrival in Israel. Smart phones and WIFI devices are available upon request.
Due to the nature of the trip, participants will be joining us from all over the United States, therefore we will not be coordinating a group flight. You can use any travel agent of your choice, or we can recommend you contact Yael Kagan at email@example.com or call her directly on 561-613 7000 ext. 1. Tell her you are a participant of the Mayanot Israel Legacy Trip and she will do her best to get you on a flight with other trip participants.
We highly recommend that all trip participants take the ELAL 28 NEWARK – TEL AVIV 1:30PM – 5:45AM flight, DEPARTING OCTOBER 6TH, 2013. There will be an airport meet and greet upon the arrival from this flight and the tour will begin from there. We understand that this flight may be difficult if you have domestic connections. If this flight does not work for you, you can book any flight that arrives in Israel that day. We will try to the best of our ability to meet you at the airport and arrange transportation to meet the group. PLEASE NOTE: The tour will be starting on the morning of October 7th, any participants who arrive later may miss out on part of Monday’s scheduled activities
Please note that most insurance policies require purchase within 14-21 days of your date of registration for the trip. We have made arrangements with Travel Insurance Center (Israel). Our contact person is Yonah Engel. Please mention this promo code when making your purchase: LEGACYISRAEL. For more information, go to travelinsuranceisrael.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Yonah by phone in the USA at 402 403-1053 Please note that Mayanot Israel cannot accept responsibility for any losses or expenses which you or any member of your party may incur as a result of failure to secure adequate coverage.
In October time there can be some very hot days, but most days are pleasant. It can sometimes get cold in the evening in locations like Jerusalem and the Northern part of the country. Be sure to pack comfortable walking shoes as well as water-shoes (flip-flops, crocs or sandals) are a must. Modest dress for both men and women is required for visits to holy sites.
In Israel, we operate on 220v. Most hotels have hairdryers in the bathrooms as well as an outlet (usually used for shavers) that can be used for 110v. Electronic equipment that comes with its own converter (such as a laptop) can be used in Israel with no problem. However, the actual sockets in Israel are different from those in the USA and other regions, and an adapter is required. These are usually available at the front desk of the hotel. They may also be purchased at your local electronics shop if you so choose.
The currency in Israel is the shekel (officially called the “New Israel Shekel” or “NIS”). ATMs in Israel dispense shekels from ATM cards from other countries. However, you may want to check with your home bank as there may be a limit to how much you can take out each day. Also, some banks in your home country may require you to notify them that you are leaving the country so that the card is activated for overseas transactions. ATMs can be found in the airport and throughout the bigger cities you visit. Credit cards are widely accepted in shops and restaurants. However, credit cards are not accepted by all vendors- especially those in outdoor markets- like Machane Yehuda in Jerusalem.
In Israel, it is customary to give a 12% tip to a server at a restaurant. A 15-20% tip may be given for exemplary service. In general it is requested that tips be paid in cash only, and not included on your credit card. In some cases, service may be included. This should be clearly written on the bottom of your bill.
Service is not included on your bill. The suggested tipping policy is USD $7-$10 per day per person for the guide and USD $5-$7 per day per person for the driver.
The safety of our participants is of paramount importance. We work according to the directives of the Police Department, Israel Defense Force (IDF) and the Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel (SPNI). These directives regulate the areas where travel is permitted, security precautions that need to be taken in various situations, activities that should be avoided and safety instructions. These directives are updated in real time and the itinerary is subject to change according to the security situation or extreme weather conditions, should the need arise.
What recourse do we have if we need to cancel our participation due to unforeseen circumstances (such as illness or a deterioration of the security situation)?
While we will make every effort to be understanding, we are also bound by contractual obligations to our suppliers (hotels, guides, bus companies etc.). Therefore, we cannot obligate ourselves to refund participants who cancel their participation for whatever reason, subject of course, to our cancellation policy. For this reason, we highly recommend that participants purchase travel insurance so that they are covered under these circumstances.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Deb Rabinsky at Deb@IsraelMaven.com or call our toll free number 1- 888-629-2668
Pictures coming 7th-14th October!