BETH EL SYNAGOGUE and ST. LUKE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH ISRAEL MISSION
Join Rabbi Steven Abraham & Pastor Johnson on an unforgettable journey through the Holy Land.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS :
- Caesarea - Jewel of the Mediterranean
- A L'Chaim at the Tishbi Winery
- Beautiful nature walk in the scenic Golan Heights
- Visit the Israel/Lebanon border
- Discover the mystical city of Tsfat
- Prayer session at the Mount of Beatitudes
- Kibbutz tour
- Visit the site where Jesus was baptised
- Explore the Old City of Jerusalem
- Pay tribute to the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust at Yad Vashem
- Experience the hustle and bustle of the outdoor food market - Machane Yehuda
- Politics and Security update
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Learn about the ancient city of Jaffa
- View Tel Aviv from above in a Hot Air Balloon
- and more!
DAY ONE – MONDAY, JULY 15th - ARRIVAL- NORTH
- Welcome to Israel!!! Arrival at Ben Gurion airport on flight # where you will be met by Israel Maven representatives.
- Explore the amazing ruins of the City of Caesarea- discuss the dilemmas of the Jew between living a Jewish life surrounded by the appealing Hellenistic culture and learn about the Mediterranean progression of early Christianity
- Lunch in Zichron (on own)
- Visit the picturesque town of Zichron Yaakov, one of the first Jewish Settlements built by immigrants in the late 19th century, known for two main characteristics: wine and tranquility. Opening ceremony and L’chaim at the Tishbi Winery
- Stop at the amazing "Tel Megiddo" and see the layers of civilization throughout the history of the Land of Israel. Learn about this major Old Testament site, and its role as Armageddon
- Travel to Hotel
- Dinner at the Hotel (included)
Overnight: Ramot Hotel, NorthDay 1
DAY TWO – TUESDAY, JULY 16th - UPPER GALILEE
- Full Israeli breakfast at hotel
- Explore the beautiful streams of the Banyas River, one of the main sources to the Jordan River.
Visit the beautiful waterfall, the ancient flower mill and named Caesarea Philippi by the Gospels
- Visit Israel's northern border with Lebanon, hear about life on the border, challenges and benefits
- Discover the Mystical City of Tzfat including beautiful synagogues, picturesque alleyways and artists’ colony.
- Meet with Sheva Chaya- who expresses kabbala through glass blowing
- Arrive in Tiberias
- Dinner on own in Tiberias on the banks for the Sea of Galilee
Overnight: Ramot Hotel, NorthDay 2
DAY THREE – WEDNESDAY, JULY 17th – SEA OF GALILEE AREA- TO JERUSALEM
- Full Israeli breakfast at the hotel- check out
- Overlook the Sea of Galilee in prayer at the Mount of the Beatitudes where the “Sermon on the Mount” occurred
- Visit the Ancient Village of Capernaum where Jesus taught and the birthplace of Peter, including the Synagogue and unique house found on site and visit the newly excavated synagogue in Magdala, currently the oldest one excavated in Galilee from the first century and the time of Christ's ministry
- Tour and lunch at Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu
- Visit the site of Qasr Al Yahud, to be known as the place where the Children of Israel and Joshua crossed over the Jordan River into the promised Land and the site of Jesus' baptism
- Continue to Jerusalem
- Welcome Ceremony and spectacular overlook of Jerusalem atop of Mount Scopus
- Dinner on own in Jerusalem
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, JerusalemDay 3
DAY FOUR – THURSDAY, JULY 18th – JUDEAN DESERT
• Full Israeli breakfast at hotel
• Depart for the Judean Desert
• View the hidden Monastery of St. George and learn about Monastic life in the Judean Desert
• Ascend Masada by cable car & relive the bitter confrontation between Zealots & Romans
• Lunch on own at Masada food-court
• Nature walk in the beautiful springs of Nachal David - where David hid from King Saul
• At the lowest place on earth, the famous Dead Sea, enjoy kayaking through water that is heavy and
salty and unlike any water you may have paddled through before. Paddling along special salt crystals,
discover the different shapes and sizes of the salt formations. (Bring waterproof shoes-NOT crocs,
change of clothing)
• Dinner, camel riding and desert hospitality at Genesis Land
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, JerusalemDay 4
DAY FIVE – FRIDAY, JULY 19th – YAD VASHEM AND PREP FOR SHABBAT
- Full Israeli breakfast at the hotel
- Pay tribute to the Six Million Jews who perished in the Holocaust at Yad Vashem memorial Museum. Hear stories about leadership and heroism during the most difficult times for the Jewish people.
- Lunch on own at the Cafeteria
- Hear the amazing stories of some of Israel's greatest leaders and heroes at Mount Herzl
- Experience the Friday hustle and bustle at the Machaneh Yehuda Market
- Join thousands of people from around the globe in joyous celebration of the Jewish Sabbath at the Western Wall
- Shabbat dinner at hotel OR "Shabbat of a lifetime"- Shabbat dinner hosted by a local Jerusalem family
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, JerusalemDay 5
DAY SIX – SHABBAT, JULY 20th – SHABBAT IN JERUSALEM
- Full Israeli breakfast at hotel
- Morning at leisure - Options:
- Visit different synagogues in the vicinity for Shabbat services
- Rest at the hotel
- Discover the Israel Museum including the Model of Jerusalem, Dead Sea Scrolls & recently renovated Judaica wing
- Shabbat Lunch at the hotel with IDF lone soldiers
- Meet with reporter to hear the latest update of the local politics and security update
- Afternoon walking tour option - Tour in the local neighborhoods of Yemin Moshe and Mishkanot Shaananim OR Tour of the Cenacle – the room of the Last Supper and Mount Zion
- Musical Havdalah (the traditional ceremony ending the sabbath) overlooking the old city walls
- Shopping time on Ben Yehuda Street & dinner (not included)
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, JerusalemDay 6
DAY SEVEN – SUNDAY, JULY 21st – OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM- CITY OF 3 RELIGIONS (17 of Tamuz)
• Full Israeli breakfast at the hotel
• Introduction to Jerusalem of 3 religions with Josh
• Attend mass at Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center
• Stroll through the Christian Quarter and learn about the birth of Christianity during the 2nd Temple Period. Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and part of the Via Dolorosa
• Hear the stories of the Jewish Quarter - Synagogues, Cardo and small alleyways
• Lunch in the Jewish Quarter (on own)
• View Temple Mount & the Dome of the Rock & Al Aksa Mosque
• Time for reflection the Western Wall - The Kotel
• Explore the mysteries of the Jewish Temple as you walk through the Western Wall Tunnels
• Dinner on own in Jerusalem
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, JerusalemDay 7
DAY EIGHT – MONDAY, JULY 22nd –BETHLEHEM & EIN KAREM
- Full Israeli breakfast at hotel
- Stop at Rachel’s tomb
- Bethlehem - Visit the birthplace of Jesus including the Church of Nativity, the Manger and Shepard’s Field
- Lunch on own in Ein Karem
- Stroll through the picturesque neighborhood of Ein Karem- home to John the Baptist
- Understand the culture of Israeli “chutzpah”, thinking-out-of-the-box, and turning weaknesses into strengths, as you visit the Machon Ayalon Underground Bullet Factory
- Travel to Tel Aviv and check in to hotel
- Dinner in Tel Aviv
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel AvivDay 8
DAY NINE – TUESDAY, JULY 23rd - TO TEL AVIV
- Full Israeli breakfast at hotel- check out
- Introduction to Tel Aviv at the Old City of Jaffa- the “Gateway to the Holy Land” and visit Peter’s Church in Jaffa
- Volunteer project at Jaffa Institute- helping Muslim and Jewish Children
- Lunch on own in Jaffa
- Visit the State-of-Art Palmach Museum- and hear about the first steps of the IDF OR Relive the declaration of the State of Israel at the Independence Hall
- Enjoy the beautiful arts and crafts fair of Nachalat Binyamin
- Dinner on own in Tel Aviv
Overnight: Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel AvivDay 9
DAY TEN – WEDNESDAY, JULY 24th – TEL AVIV
- Full Israeli breakfast at hotel- check out
- Hot air Balloon ride and enjoy the glorious views of the Tel Aviv shoreline
- Guided tour to the newly renovated Templar town of Sarona, now a hip and vibrant fashion and culinary and free time to stroll through the indoor food and spice market OR Walk through the trendy Rothschild Blvd- the “real Tel Aviv” and learn about Modern Israel as well as the unique Bauhaus architecture.
- Lunch together at restaurant
- Afternoon at leisure for shopping, walking along the beach and more
- Late check out from Hotel
- Final Banquet at “Alternative” restaurant in Tel Aviv- Summary of the trip (included)
Travel to Ben Gurion Airport
Depart for the US on Flight
HAVE AN INCREDIBLE TIME!Day 10
We are pleased to present to you the itinerary and tour package for your Israel Mission. These have been carefully crafted to provide an experience that is engaging, fun, uplifting, informative and inspirational for both first-timers and repeat visitors. All of our tours adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and you can be sure to expect the friendly, warm & dedicated service that have endeared us to thousands of satisfied clients.
Enjoy your trip to Israel to it's fullest at these luxurious and centrally located hotels!
Ramot Hotel, Northern Israel
At the foot of the Golan, overlooking the magnificent view of the Sea of Galilee, Indulging guest rooms for couples and families, surrounded by open lawns, breathtaking views, a swimming pool (in season), spa treatments, adventure trails and above all – first class luxurious service.
Our Resort features 123 beautifully decorated deluxe rooms, Nature Cabins and Chalets set among the lush landscaping of the Golan Heights and the Sea of Galilee.
Dan Panorama, Jerusalem
The Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem with its dignified architecture and honey-colored Jerusalem stone exterior resonates with the spirit of this legendary city.
One of Jerusalem’s favorite hotels, the Dan Panorama Hotel, boasts an exceptional location that enables you to explore Jerusalem’s multifaceted attractions simply by stepping outside.
Modern Jerusalem is also on the doorstep with stores, business centers, theaters and museums all within easy access. Offering a special combination of attentive caring hospitality with warm Israeli undertones, the Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem features guestrooms fitted with every thoughtful amenity, a rooftop pool and elegant public areas. Whether it’s for family holidays, a romantic break or a business meeting, the Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem welcomes visitors with the warmth and attention to detail that spells true hospitality - offering much more than one of Jerusalem’s best addresses.
Dan Panorama, Tel Aviv
Whether for business or pleasure, the Dan Panorama Hotel boasts an outstanding mix of facilities. It is directly linked to the Dan Panorama Convention Center - the city’s largest, most comprehensive convention and exhibition center. Simply stroll across the lobby and you’re there, on time, with no hassle, no traveling. Furnished with contemporary flair and highlighted by splendid views, the Dan Panorama Hotel features elegantly appointed guestrooms that blend luxury with the efficacy of advanced technology. With a huge pool - the largest of any Tel Aviv hotel - and sundeck, premium leisure-time facilities and dining options, as well as all the dynamic and sophisticated attractions of Tel Aviv on its doorstep, the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv is perfect for a family vacation, business trip or international event.
We at Israel Maven work together with Phone Away From Home and recommend them for all cell phone and SIM card rentals during your trip to Israel.
Rent a cell phone or a SIM while traveling through Israel and stay connected as though you never left. All of their plans offer unlimited calls and texting within Israel, unlimited calls to the US and Canada, unlimited incoming calls and texts, and up to 3GB of browsing data. Simple, inexpensive, and straightforward. To view the great products, services available to you and prices, please click here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Israel Maven Tours representative by emailing Info@IsraelMaven.com or you may call us toll free on 1-866-317-9307.
Q: Do you have any packing suggestions?
Weather: As you will be traveling during the summer time, be prepared for very warm/hot weather during the day and to bring some light long sleeves for the evenings as it can sometimes (rare in July) be cooler at night, especially in Jerusalem. We suggest checking the weather forecast just before you pack to see what temperatures to expect.
Shabbath: For the Sabbath the dress code for the evening services and dinner would be a business casual, and comfortable shoes for walking.
Religious sites: When visiting religious sites we recommend that women cover their shoulders and wear skirts and men no shorts.
Q: Will there be free time on the program?
Yes, we try to balance touring and programming with unstructured free time in different locations around the country so that you are free to shop, explore the local culture, meet with friends and family, sit by the pool or simply relax. Should you wish to “opt out” of any of the activities of the program, you are requested to coordinate this with the group leader and tour operator so that we can plan accordingly.
Q: What are the security issues facing Israel today- should we be concerned?
The security in Israel is always a concern on travelers to Israel. As of today, there are no security warnings or alerts for travelers coming to Israel. Israel Maven is daily contact with the "security room" which is the office of the Ministry of Defense dealing with travelling in Israel. We receive daily updates, and get updated on a regular basis through SMS and phone on any irregularity in the daily routine of Israel. Note, that although what is seen around the world on the media about what goes on in Israel is usually conflict, the reality is different. Millions of visitors come to Israel annually and some of them even feel safer here than in their own country. Changes in itinerary that need to be made due to safety or security concerns are done without hesitation. We are also in close contact with Israeli Police & SPNI (Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel) to ensure that all safety & security guidelines are updated in real-time based on changing circumstances. Both participants & staff receive detailed guidelines aimed at ensuring that the no one is hurt or harmed in any way. These guidelines range from appropriate footwear on hikes to keeping hydrated, to avoiding certain areas if necessary. Public transportation on busses and/or trains is not utilized at any time during the program. We do not approach or enter the Gaza Strip or any areas under the control of the Palestinian Authority.
Q: Do you offer travel insurance?
Please note that most insurance policies require purchase within 14-21 days of your date of registration for the trip. Israel Maven Tours has made arrangements with SMS Travel Insurance Center (Israel) of Omaha, Nebraska. SMS has over 25 years of experience as insurance brokers and can help you choose the policy that best meets your needs. Our contact person is Yonah Engel. Please mention this promo code when making your purchase: ISRAELMAVEN. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com. You may also contact Yonah by phone in the USA at (402) 403-1053 or in Israel at 0522-873-665. Please note that Israel Maven Tours cannot accept responsibility for any losses or expenses which you or any member of your party may incur as a result of failure to secure adequate coverage.
Q: What is policy for those arriving/ departing early/late?
Participants who are not travelling together with the group are asked to coordinate their plans in advance with the group leader and the tour operator. Participants who are not arriving or departing together with the group are responsible for joining/ leaving the group at their own expense. We are happy to assist in arranging additional services such as VIP “meet & greet”, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals and touring as required. These will be billed separately to the participant.
Q: This trip sounds amazing! I am coming, but I want to stay longer to tour on my own. Is it possible to extend my trip?
YES! Please indicate this on your registration form. The team at Israel Maven will work with you to provide a customized experience that will include assistance with choosing hotels, activities, and transportation.
Q: Who do we contact with questions?
Please feel free to contact your Israel Maven Tours representative Nahum Binder with any questions you may have. He can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free on 1-866-317-9307.