Susie Fishbein Culinary Tour to Israel 2018
If you have never been on this trip before, I guarantee you will fall in love with Israel in a whole new delicious way. Even if you have come in the past, you will see that almost every activity is new (although I kept in a few classics) as the food scene in Israel is always changing.
Grab your girlfriends, your husbands, your daughters, your sons, your sisters, your mothers, your wives- this tour is not to be missed.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Touring Israel's rich blend of flavors with Susie Fishbein
- Access to learn from award winning Israeli chefs
- Participating in interactive culinary sessions
- Incredible insights from tour educator Eve Harrow
- Relaxing in Israel's finest hotels and spas
- Inside into Israel's newest culinary attractions and sites
- Dining in trendy and exclusive restaurants
Day 1: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Arrival in Israel
- Arrival in Israel and transfer to Tel Aviv, Hilton hotel
- Check into hotel & Welcome reception and introduction
- Enjoy a 2-course food demonstration with Susie
- “Israel in a Pita” by journalist Hagit Evron & Chef Yossi Elad of famous Machaneyuda and Palomar (London), learn about the 7 generations of Israel through mouthwatering dishes
Overnight: Hilton Hotel, Tel AvivDay 1
Day 2: Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Breakfast at hotel
- Chef Uri Scheft will teach you all the many yummy things you can make with Challah dough at Lechamim bakery
- Lunch on own at Sarona market
- Learn to make Italian dishes while using the delicious Jacobs Dairy cheeses, enjoy them for dinner!
- Return to Tel Aviv
Overnight: Hilton Hotel, Tel AvivDay 2
Day 3: Friday, February 16, 2018
- Departure from hotel
- Visit & taste the delicious Buster’s cider
- Hands-on Cooking class at Teamim with a middle-Eastern Feast for lunch
- Return to the hotel to prepare for Shabbat
- Bring warm clothes & comfortable shoes for the walk back
- Candle lighting at hosts home & Shabbat begins at 5:14pm
- Shabbat service
- Festive Shabbat dinner at a surprise location
- Walk back to the Waldorf
Overnight: Waldorf Astoria Hotel, JerusalemDay 3
Day 4: Saturday, February 17, 2017
Shabbat in Jerusalem
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Optional services at one of the many local synagogues in the area
- Festive Shabbat lunch in the Palace Restaurant at Waldorf Astoria hotel
- Free afternoon to relax
- Shabbat ends at 6:23pm
- Havdalah at 6:45pm by Shalom Weisberg at the hotel
- Leave to Ha’Bardak
- Ha’Bardak- pizza and salad dinner
Overnight: Waldorf Astoria Hotel, JerusalemDay 4
Day 5: Sunday, February 18, 2017
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Depart for the Jordan Valley
- Use all senses at the incredible Spice farm at Moshav Naomi where you will get to taste fresh Pesto and learn about Israeli agriculture
- Get to know the dates of the region and experience making date-honey ‘Silan’, you will be licking your fingers! A light lunch to follow
- Return to hotel for Susie’s demo
- Susie teaches you how to make falafel in meeting room
- Dinner at Beer bazaar
- Garage doors at the Shuk night tour - by Eve
Overnight: Waldorf Astoria Hotel, JerusalemDay 5
Day 6: Monday, February 19, 2017
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Leave hotel & travel south
- Meet Ruven & Ora in their beautiful Orchid & enjoy a traditional Yemenite lunch
- Salad trail- Visit the Salad trail for an organic experience
- Check into Beresheet hotel
- Dinner at the Rosemary Restaurant in the hotel
- Meet in lobby for star Gazing (dress super warm- take gloves, pick up fleece blankets from lobby)
- Star gazing with Ira
Overnight: Beresheet Spa, Mitzpe RamonDay 6
Day 7: Tuesday, February 20, 2017
- Breakfast at hotel
- Enjoy some free time to make use of the amazing spa facilities
- Get ready to leave hotel for the day, take along warm clothes
- Culinary Session with Susie Fishbein
- Leave hotel for the rest of the day
- Visit the Mitzpe Ramon visitor’s center which tells the story of the Machtesh and the Israeli astronaut, Ilan Ramon.
- Enjoy a sunset jeep ride through the Machtesh
- Traditional desert Farewell Feast
- Estimated time of return to hotel
Overnight: Beresheet Spa, Mitzpe RamonDay 7
Day 8: Wednesday, February 21, 2017
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Check out of the hotel
- Group transfer to Jerusalem
- Time in the Shuk!!
- Group meet at the Waldorf Hotel and transfer to Ben Gurion airport
- Depart on return flight to the USA
We are pleased to present to you the itinerary and tour package for your Israel Mission. These have been carefully crafted to provide an experience that is engaging, fun, uplifting, informative and inspirational for both first-timers and repeat visitors. All of our tours adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and you can be sure to expect the friendly, warm & dedicated service that have endeared us to thousands of satisfied clients.
Enjoy your trip to Israel to it's fullest at these luxurious and centrally located hotels!
Hilton, Tel Aviv
Hilton Tel Aviv, located in the beautiful Independence Park, has direct access to the Hilton Public Beach and the Tel Aviv Promenade.
The hotel is just a short stroll to the city's shopping centers, restaurants and cultural landmarks and the famous Tel Aviv Port, "The Namal".
After a busy day, relax by the outdoor saltwater pool or work out any stress in the fully equipped gym. Take advantage of other amenities and services.
Waldorf Astoria - Jerusalem
Contemporary style in the heart of the ancient city at Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem. Experience outstanding service, luxurious rooms, courtyard refreshments and fine dining, all just steps from the charming Old City.
Our experienced team will help ensure that your business meeting, social event or romantic wedding runs like a dream. We offer the largest, most elegant conference and event facilities in Jerusalem - select the ideal venue for you from eight flexible meeting rooms and the Grand Ballroom.
Beresheet, Mitzpe Ramon
The Beresheet hotel, part of the Isrotel Exclusive Collection, is located amid a breathtakingly beautiful primeval landscape, near the ancient Spice Route, on the edge of the towering cliffs that slope down into the Ramon Crater – an extraordinary natural phenomenon unparalleled in the world. The hotel's unique location (800m above sea level) guarantees cool, comfortable weather all year round – guests are urged to bring warm clothing, even during the summer.
This exceptional desert hotel, which maintains a dialog with the surrounding desert, allowing its essence to penetrate every corner, excels in its attention to even the smallest detail, as well as its emphasis on conscientious and uncompromising personal service. And all this alongside architecture and design that expand the mind and soul. The hotel accommodates individuals, families and groups, giving its guests a luxurious, indulgent hospitality experience like no other.
We at Israel Maven work together with Phone Away From Home and recommend them for all cell phone and SIM card rentals during your trip to Israel.
Rent a cell phone or a SIM while traveling through Israel and stay connected as though you never left. All of their plans offer unlimited calls and texting within Israel, unlimited calls to the US and Canada, unlimited incoming calls and texts, and up to 3GB of browsing data. Simple, inexpensive, and straightforward. To view the great products, services available to you and prices, please click here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Israel Maven Tours representative by emailing Info@IsraelMaven.com or you may call us toll free on 1-866-317-9307.
Q: Will there be free time on the program?
Yes, we try to balance touring and programming with unstructured free time in different locations around the country so that you are free to shop, explore the local culture, meet with friends and family, sit by the pool or simply relax. Should you wish to “opt out” of any of the activities of the program, you are requested to coordinate this with the group leader and tour operator so that we can plan accordingly.
Q: What are the security issues facing Israel today- should we be concerned?
The security in Israel is always a concern on travelers to Israel. As of today, there are no security warnings or alerts for travelers coming to Israel. Israel Maven is daily contact with the "security room" which is the office of the Ministry of Defense dealing with travelling in Israel. We receive daily updates, and get updated on a regular basis through SMS and phone on any irregularity in the daily routine of Israel. Note, that although what is seen around the world on the media about what goes on in Israel is usually conflict, the reality is different. Millions of visitors come to Israel annually and some of them even feel safer here than in their own country. Changes in itinerary that need to be made due to safety or security concerns are done without hesitation. We are also in close contact with Israeli Police & SPNI (Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel) to ensure that all safety & security guidelines are updated in real-time based on changing circumstances. Both participants & staff receive detailed guidelines aimed at ensuring that the no one is hurt or harmed in any way. These guidelines range from appropriate footwear on hikes to keeping hydrated, to avoiding certain areas if necessary. Public transportation on busses and/or trains is not utilized at any time during the program. We do not approach or enter the Gaza Strip or any areas under the control of the Palestinian Authority.
Q: Do you offer travel insurance?
Please note that most insurance policies require purchase within 14-21 days of your date of registration for the trip. Israel Maven Tours has made arrangements with SMS Travel Insurance Center (Israel) of Omaha, Nebraska. SMS has over 25 years of experience as insurance brokers and can help you choose the policy that best meets your needs. Our contact person is Yonah Engel. Please mention this promo code when making your purchase: ISRAELMAVEN. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Yonah by phone in the USA at (402) 404-5205 or in Israel at 0522-873-665. Please note that Israel Maven Tours cannot accept responsibility for any losses or expenses which you or any member of your party may incur as a result of failure to secure adequate coverage.
Q: What is policy for those arriving/ departing early/late?
Participants who are not travelling together with the group are asked to coordinate their plans in advance with the group leader and the tour operator. Participants who are not arriving or departing together with the group are responsible for joining/ leaving the group at their own expense. We are happy to assist in arranging additional services such as VIP “meet & greet”, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals and touring as required. These will be billed separately to the participant.
Q: This trip sounds amazing! I am coming, but I want to stay longer to tour on my own. Is it possible to extend my trip?
YES! Please indicate this on your registration form. The team at Israel Maven will work with you to provide a customized experience that will include assistance with choosing hotels, activities, and transportation.
Q: Who do we contact with questions?
Please feel free to contact your Israel Maven Tours representative J.J. Jonah with any questions you may have. He can be reached by email email@example.com or toll free on 1-866-317-9307.